how to reset "edit parameter interface"

4230   5   1
537 posts
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while, but I've run into a particularly bad case of it lately.

When you are editing a Digital Asset's parameters … and then the “Edit Parameter Interface” is edited, changing the parameters arrangement, folder order, etc from the type properties seems not to work anymore.

So, how do you completely reset the “edit parameter interface” and make the type properties control it again?
537 posts
hmmmm, no replies … IS there a way to reset the edit parameter interface for a DA. If not, how are these two areas of a digital asset related / or communicate with one another? Parameters seem to go in random places.
7733 posts
I don't know the answer but maybe you can use the opspareds hscript command on the node with the empty string.
28 posts
I had a similar problem yesterday; but considering it was my first time building digital assets, I thought it was just user error.

What I finally did was close Houdini, delete the .otl file, and then rebuild the asset from source.
4262 posts
andrewlowell
hmmmm, no replies … IS there a way to reset the edit parameter interface for a DA. If not, how are these two areas of a digital asset related / or communicate with one another? Parameters seem to go in random places.

Type Properties -> Basic -> Turn Off ‘Save Spare Parameters’ -> Hit Apply/Accept -> Drop down a new asset. It should be clean.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
537 posts
Awsome! Thanks Wolfwood
  • Quick Links