All My Objects will Not Display!!!

4935   4   0
405 posts
Ok this is driving me nuts. The display flags are turned on sometimes the objects display on the screen when I open the file. At other times they do not. I can turn off the display flag on an object and it will not disappear. I can turn one on an object and it will not appear. I can then go down into sops where sometimes my object appears and sometimes it does not. But everytime it does appear and I go back to Object level all the objects have disappeared. I can delete objects that are heavy and save it out as a new file and still with very light geometry the objects will not display. Uninstalled Houdini and then reinstalled it on Windows 2000. This did not fix the problem. I turned my resolution down to 800x600, then to 640x480. Still would not work. Then I tried turning down the bit depth to 16 and that did not work either. Why is this happening?

Cheers,
Nate Nesler :evil: :twisted: :x :cry:
405 posts
I also forgot to mention that the nodes are not cooking the data and no the bypass flag is not set and neither is the lock flag. Thanks to anyone who knows what is going on. I am moving over to linux again next week thank god I hate windows.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler 8)
7766 posts
In the upper-right corner of the main houdini window, is the update button set to “Never”. You want to change this to “Always” and re-save your hip file with the new setting.

If that's not the problem, then maybe it's clipping planes? Just guessing.
405 posts
It was set to Never dang it. I must have watched the videos and read the pdfs about that feature a good 100 times yet it just never came to the surface of my thoughts. I was stuck on that for a day and a half. Thank you soooooo much. I feel like such an idiot for not remembering it. Well that made my day. I was really worried.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler :shock: 8) :idea:
4140 posts
Don't feel so bad. There's a school of thought out there that the frickin' “Never” button should be screaming, flashing red and is *never* saved. It can be really frustrating. Damned useful when you're doing something that might inadvertantly make 300googleplex particles , but typically you want it off by default.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links