Textures not updating

4739   2   0
436 posts
Does Houdini somehow cache texture files in Supermaterial.
I am noticing that as I am painting and changing the map its not updating in Houdini, even though I reload it. Does Houdini sence that sence it is the same file name, there is no need to actually reload it, and use the cached image?

Dave R
436 posts
Follow up question.

In Supermaterial I have two maps, both referencing the same 32bit (24 + alpha) image. I am using RGB in DIFFMAP channell for color.
In TRANSMAP channell same image is referenced but only alpha is set is TRANSCHAN slot, with subtract.
However the transparency is not rendered in Mantra. I tried all options in TRANSCHAN, but to no avail. So what could possibly be wrong for transparency not to render?
After almost a year, I still find VEX and SHOP, and rendering in Houdini in general to be very tough and very confusing. Maya is simple and straightforward in comparisson.

Dave R
4270 posts
DavidRindner
Does Houdini somehow cache texture files in Supermaterial.
I am noticing that as I am painting and changing the map its not updating in Houdini, even though I reload it. Does Houdini sence that sence it is the same file name, there is no need to actually reload it, and use the cached image?

Dave R

Check out the texcache command. In the textport type “help texcache”.
texcache -n should do the trick.

jim.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
  • Quick Links