Fluid Fire Examples

12470   7   1
Staff
1182 posts
The front page (www.sidefx.com) and the gallery now have two fire examples that show off the new fire solver in Houdini 9.5. These were created by interns in our Toronto office and were built using the new shelf tools and the new Ramp Parameter to control the changes in color.

The Campfire example is available as a .hip file in the Exchange (Community > Houdini Exchange). This file includes both the 3D scene and the compositing network. The second fire ball example will be posted to the Exchange next week.

Enjoy…

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
160 posts
Very nice!
Thanks very much. Every example with Houdini fluids is really needed.
12429 posts
Well done on some very encouraging renders! And thank you for the very complete hipfiles with some very detailed comments on each node.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
11 posts
i don't know what is going on with my houdini, the fire render time scare me, just 5% be completed in half hour.
696 posts
One thing that probably should be noted is that the camera is set to 1600x900 you could probably have it set to something like 720x405 to get much quicker renders.

The only pass that should be very time consuming though is the flicker_pass which does a lot of raytracing with instanced lights… I wouldn't expect either simulating, or rendering of the flames to be as bad as you describe.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
11 posts
thanks,Allegro
it is instance light that consume a lot of time.
everything is ok except instance light.
4 posts
rmagee
The second fire ball example will be posted to the Exchange next week.

Just as a quick update; the second example, the fire ball igniting the surrounding fuel, has now been added to the Exchange.

Enjoy!
320 posts
These are excellent!

Thanks
www.alan-warren.com
  • Quick Links