EPS file - is "spherize" possible?

4560   4   0
29 posts
Hello,

I am trying to find a way to project a flat EPS file (probably from Illustrator) onto a “dome” type object (half of a sphere).
The EPS is a circle with some ornaments inside. I want to project this file onto my dome, then use polyextrude and cookie node to cut holes into a dome leaving the rest. I was trying different nodes with names suggesting they will be some kind of a help, but at the time of writing they were not.
Can anyone share some light on that subject? Is there a way to “spherize” my EPS circle?

Kamil.
Staff
3455 posts
try the creep SOP
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
29 posts
Thank you. I will try it tomorrow morning and and tell about the resuls.

Kamil.
29 posts
Ok, I was trying the “creep SOP”, but I'm doing something horribly wrong, as the results are not quite what I was expecting.
Maybe that is because I was finally using dxf file instead of EPS (I cannot import EPS file properly - there is a lot of missing elements in the geometry), but probably I just don't know how to setup “creep SOP” the right way.
I will do some more tests and analyse some “creep SOP” examples. Meanwhile, my current scene file is attached below.

Kamil.

Attachments:
creep_test.zip (26.1 KB)

1145 posts
I would use a project and profile sop combination.
Use the Project sop to project your eps onto the surface of the dome. Then the Profile sop after to generate curves on the surface.
Extrude those curves, you might want to resample them to reduce the point count, the cookie that to the original dome.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
  • Quick Links