Q about Houdini UI colors

4158   2   0
109 posts
Hi,

is there a way i can change the color of the UI element, e.g. color which is used when geometry is displayed in smooth/flat shaded modo?

I noticed that here are UILight.hcs and UIPro.hcs files in the Config-folder and i think that the default colors are defined here, right?

Is there a list of those values somewhere…and what they mean and where they are used in UI?

thx
-Kimmo
320 posts
The best I've seen is a post by Wolfwood that breaks the file down into smaller parts.

Check towards the middle of this page. http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=10118&highlight=color+colour+scheme [sidefx.com]
www.alan-warren.com
4262 posts
Geometry Colors are controlled by a few things from within Houdini,

Wire Frame colors are controlled by the Object's Wireframe Color on the node's Misc. tab.

The shaded color of the objects is controlled by either the shader that is attached to the object. (OpenGL shader settings, or by point/primitive attributes, Cd by default.)

If you'd like to edit other things like, selected primitive/point colors or point colors, etc you can edit your $HFS/houdini/config/3DSceneColors file.

Just to add more options to confuse you, you can also edit the default shaders objects have, so instead of objects being shaded gray if no shaders are attached you can make them be shaded pink or something. You can do this with the
HOUDINI_VEX_DEFAULT_OGLSURF environment variable.
There is also
HOUDINI_VEX_DEFAULT_OGLSEL for selected objects.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
  • Quick Links