ubuntu 8.10 compiz enabled

7676   8   2
83 posts
Hi there

For those who are running Houdini on ubuntu 8.10.
Just installed the new 180.11 nvidia driver and enabled the visual effects. Houdini runs perfectly with compiz enabled.

my specs

dell precision
quadro fx1600m
4 gb ram
82 posts
Great.

Ubuntu 7.10 support/updates will be finished soon, I have planned the upgrade for next week.

Thanks for the info.
Victor M. Muriel
http // www . vmuriel . com [vmuriel.com]
1 posts
Thanks, for the tip.
Powered by coffee
44 posts
great, i just got disillusioned few days ago with houdini not working with compiz
320 posts
It also runs fine in Fedora 10. Just using the default compiz without any added plugins / features though.
www.alan-warren.com
711 posts
Tried compiz-fusion + Houdini with the 180.22 drivers and works great in PCLOS as well. No performance issues or other glitches that I could notice. But compiz-fusion is still a bit wild and buggy, and it doesn't have all the options I'd like (Iike running Houdini borderless), so I just stick to the effects stuff in KDE, which also plays well with H now.
1145 posts
Now if only Firefox 3 played nice with Ubuntu, we'd be all set.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
1 posts
Well…

It's not working for me, Ubuntu 8.10 with the latest Nvidia drivers (guess it's .17) and everything freezes and just stops working.

I will have maybe to switch to that particular driver release… and anyway when you work over Houdini, you don't need eyecandy, but it's a truly pain to have to switch desktop acceleration only for one app…

A.
Agustin Eguia
CG Artist
2D Design / 3D Animation / Compositing
320 posts
I'm using the 180.22 drivers, so I believe (.17) is a bit outdated.

Also, just checked nvidia's website and a new driver has been released. (180.29)
www.alan-warren.com
  • Quick Links