Misplaced popup menus w/ dual monitors

7055   4   1
3 posts
Hiya,

I've just started with the apprentice edition. I'm running a fresh install of Windows XP. I have an nVidia geforce fx 5600 hooked to two plain monitors. Ordinary windows operations work fine, window spanning etc, but when I create a “floating pane” in Houdini so I can move some of the interface to my second monitor, I discover that all the menus pop up on the first monitor, not under my cursor where they should be. Needless to say this is incredibly annoying and unacceptable.

This is probably a quirk of my drivers, but I've tried several combinations of settings in the nView config thing and so far nothing gives me the behavior I expect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew
113 posts
Hi,

I don't know if that can help you, I'm running Houdini on Linux with a dual monitor display (using twinview) . I set houdini to fill both screens and I create new custom desktop to display the panels I want on the screen I want

Julien
66 posts
Hehe, i know the solution. You have used built-in WinXP dual monitor support, which is works exactly as you described it. But thing you need is native nVidia support, which can be turned on in “GeForce bla-bla-bla/nView display mode” tab, not in the “monitor” one. Try it
wbr, Mudvin
184 posts
Anyone know how to fix this this issue in Windows 7? (pop-ups appearing on Primary display)

nView's controlling 2 displays, both output from an NVidia FX 3800… only just started using Win7 so I expect I'm missing something obvious?

Cheers
184 posts
A quick solution to my own issue in case some lonely traveller finds this…

The problem was Windows Update guffing up Desktop Manager… cleaning out the drivers and re-installing them restored the nVidia Desktop Manager and fixed the problem.

(Note this probably only applies to Quadro drivers in Win7, as AFAIK Win7 GeForce drivers no longer come with Desktop Manager)
  • Quick Links