Recreating NLA and layered animation workflow in Houdini?

4881   3   3
219 posts
Looking for any information on how a newcomer from Maya and XSI can recreate non-linear animation and animation layers workflow concepts (applied to the cartoon character for example) in Houdini… CHOPS seem to be more than capable to handle this very common these days approach to animation, yet Houdini docs don't seem to touch on that at all.
66 posts
Please stop flooding the forum with this how to do this and that as if I was using this or that kinda messages.

Learn the program, watch videos on 3dbuzz, do something!
:evil:
“If your life is not NOW, you're already dead…”
From Chrizto's book of truths
1 posts
Eval is asking a perfectly good question about how to animate using a layered methodology. His point of reference is having come from Maya and XSI; there are way more people with backgrounds in other packages than not.
He complements Houdini by presuming it to be capable via CHOPS.
I'm certain he is in the same boat as I and many others, and he has found a dearth of information on the subject of character animation in Houdini, in the docs, online, offline, or in the stars.
If I had clue, I'd help. If I had somewhere to point him, I would.
I wouldn't break his balls and then say something as inane as “learn the program”?
4140 posts
Hi morgue, it's a little after-the-fact, but there was an ‘episode’ where the previously multi-user ‘eval’ account had a person using it that decided to act like a 12 year old and flood the forums with spam - this was one of them, and Chrizto's response was posted soon after it started. Posting priviledges for eval have been shut down now and proper ownership of comments is restored.

Out of context, I can see your response, though.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links