Poser 6

2727   2   1
221 posts
Hello all,
Lazy Character animator here,
I have Poser 6 and I want to import some simple characters to use as small little extras in the distance.

I've got the bvh files coming in fine. I've got the .obj files coming in fine, though I have to do some cleanup in the model (fixing end of lines and adding a z component to the texture uv's).

That's all well and good, but having to manually edit the capture regions is a pain.

Is there any way to assign capture weights by groupname? Or can I use a ray sop to find which bone is closest and assign it to that? Or is there a way to get the weights that are already assigned in Poser into Houdini?

Any ideas?

Dave
519 posts
David,

you could try exporting from Daz Studio in the fbx format. It does all the bones and capture stuff. Only thing i am not sure about is if you can use the bhv's…maybe you could mix the setups then, export the bhv from poser and export the model from daz studio.
7754 posts
Another idea is to use the CaptureProximity SOP instead of the Capture SOP. Using the the Capture Geometry viewer tool, choose the Proximity method before completing the operation.

But personally, I like Pagefan's solution the most if it can done.
  • Quick Links