How do you make a pyro sim dissipate after a number of frms?

11837   6   1
96 posts
Hi all,

I was wanting to know how to make a pyro explosion dissipate away after about 60 frames. Im doing it to create a small explosion. I have attached a link to a video describing what I mean. If you run the regular pyro sim (fireball), it continues to emit smoke even after the first fireball. I would like the smoke to dissipate about 1-2 seconds after the initial fireball but im not sure how to do that. Can I get some assistance please? Thank you very much.

Hairston

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2FIupkOYE [youtube.com]
12469 posts
Hi there,

Perhaps look into the Gas Dissipate DOP? It might do what you need.

Cheers
Jason
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
96 posts
I did try the gas dissipate but it causes the actual motion of the smoke and flame to fizzle out. I want the object that is emitting the simulation to stop emitting the smoke and flame…its kind of doing the reverse effect. I have also tried keyframing the evaporation but it doesnt work the way I want it too. The video attached describes what I want to a T. Thanks for your help thus far none the less.

Hairston
8555 posts
hairston630
…I want the object that is emitting the simulation to stop emitting the smoke and flame…
Hairston

you can keyframe Activation parameter on Source Relationship DOP (usually the last node if you have set up sim from shelf)

or if you are using pyro, you can keyframe smoke amount as well
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
96 posts
tamte
hairston630
…I want the object that is emitting the simulation to stop emitting the smoke and flame…
Hairston

you can keyframe Activation parameter on Source Relationship DOP (usually the last node if you have set up sim from shelf)

or if you are using pyro, you can keyframe smoke amount as well

Is the smoke amount the same as soot smoke amount found in the simulation tab of the pyro? I didnt see that particular parameter.
8555 posts
no, it is on pyro solver, Sources Tab/Emitters Tab
there are few parameters you can play with smoke amount, fuel amount, emit smoke, emit fuel
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
96 posts
tamte
no, it is on pyro solver, Sources Tab/Emitters Tab
there are few parameters you can play with smoke amount, fuel amount, emit smoke, emit fuel

You are the man!!! You have made my day. Thats exactly what I was looking for.
  • Quick Links