default sop in geometry node

3424   6   1
277 posts
Hi!
I've made accidently something strange.
When I open new scene and place a “geometry node” this node contains defaultly my digital asset (normal it should contain file sop).
How can I fix it?

edit: what is real strange, that when I click on this “asset” in geomtery node I cannot delete it!
after hiting delete, I can see “0 operators, 0 network boxes, 0stickies deleted. Warning: Could not delete: ocean.”
edit2: ok I couldn't delete content becaouse the "geometry node was defaultly locket. But how to fix all the things?
2624 posts
Im sure if you deleted your user directory it would restore your Houdini to defaults.

Rob
Gone fishing
277 posts
yes, that's right and it works thank you
Could you please tell me how can I change the default content of basic nodes (as geometry) ? this is really interesting to me
2624 posts
You can alter the settings for any node just by looking at the menu of choices from the small cog icon. Its located in the top right corner of the parameter pane for the operator. “Save preset” and “Save as permanent defaults” might be of interest to you.
Gone fishing
277 posts
thank you!
1908 posts
You can change default operator creation behavior by changing the operator creation scripts. They are located in $HH/scripts/.

If you want to change them then you should just copy them to your $HOME/houdiniX.Y/scripts folder in the same named subfolder. You can then mess around with them all you want.

In the case of the Geometry object, in the $HH/scripts/obj/geo.cmd script you can see the lines that create the File SOP by default. You can change it to do whatever you want.

Also, you can of course also use Python scripts to handle these. They work a similar way but named geo.py for example. For the Geometry object though, if you go with a purely Python based script, you'll run into an issue where your new Geometry objects won't have the rendering parameters that get added. You should be able to use hou.hscript() to call opproperty yourself to add the properties.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
277 posts
graham thank you so much for these informations! I couldn't find anywhere even a part of so important notices Thank you very much
  • Quick Links