Q: Explanation for Muscle extra nulls?

3113   3   1
7025 posts
Hi,

Doing the H8.1 Muscle tutorials, holding up well in 10.0. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out why inserting the extra null with a lookat and up vector of 1,0,0 fixes the deformation problems.

I'm guessing it's to do with how the centre spline is created, but since the Muscle SOP is a black box (I understand why, for speed) I can't get at it to understand it

Anyone have an idea?

Cheers,

Peter B
44 posts
haha, me too, i wanted to rig character for personal project but gave up using muscles, i made it work on facial rig but when i started doing body muscles whole thing went haywire. Watched those tutorials literally frame by frame and still remained clueless.
If you have any luck let us know

cheers

k
7733 posts
The metaballs along muscle center line are oriented with respect to the orientation of the nulls themselves, as opposed to the normals of the curve.
7025 posts
Hi Edward,

Sorry for being obtuse, I don't follow I was trying to see if there was flipping of the nulls but didn't see any so I still don't really understand… since misery loves company, I'm sort of glad to find someone else confused too

Cheers,

Peter B
  • Quick Links