Another small rfe: Selected nodes auto-input to Blend SOP

4190   4   1
252 posts
It would be great in the SOP editor if we could just group select several source nodes and then plunk down a Blend SOP and have them all be wired up as inputs to the Blend SOP in the order in which they were selected. It gets to be a little cumbersome sometimes to wire up a whole mess of input nodes to the Blend SOP one by one.

Just an idea…

-Craig
412 posts
That would be kinda nice. Another way you could do it now tho is through the textport. You could just use the opwire function.. Here's something from the scripting pdf:

EXAMPLE
You can use a loop to perform repetitive tasks for you. For example, if you wanted
to wanted to merge 255 SOPs, it would be faster to write a short script than to do all
that wiring manually. For example, if you named your SOPs consistently, like:
model-0, model-1, model-2… model-255
then you could execute the following script in a Textport:

for i = 0 to 255
opwire model-$i -$i merge1
end

If you haven?ft been consistent with naming, you could also do it with a foreach .

hth,
dave
Dave Quirus
12507 posts
Group wiring of nodes could be really useful, I agree.

Currently when I'm doing a similar thing for Merging in many input SOPs, I select all the SOPs, footprint them by hitting the footprint flag, then from the viewport's Operator pulldown menu select “Merge operation with all Footprints”.

I guess you could do the same and then Change Type… to a Blend object. Very longwinded, but might work.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
412 posts
well that's a pretty sweet method.
Dave Quirus
252 posts
Actually, I figured out how to do it based on Jason's input, but not quite the same since the Operator pulldown only has “Merge” and doesn't change to “Blend” when you select blend.

If you footprint all of your desired geometries, then select “Blend” while in the ViewPort, you can select all the footprinted geometry and right click and they all get wired in! This also works for “Sequence Blend”.

Quite a time saver! This allows me to not have to name my input SOPs with consistent naming as suggested earlier since I would like to name my modelled SOPs with descriptive names like “frown”, “Eye blink”, etc.

But it's too bad there isn't a straightforward way to do it in the Network Editor.

-Craig
  • Quick Links