how to animate shooting particles from a point?

4324   5   1
479 posts
suppose we have:
1. polygon A
2. a sphere, the primitive type of which is polygon, its frequency is 10, and its center is located at the centroid of polygon A
3. some geometries around polygon A as obstruction

task:

1. animate shooting a group of particles simultaniously: the number of particles is equal to the total number of the triangle polygons on the sphere surface, and each particle is shooting from the centroid of polygon A towards the centroid of one of the triangle polygons on the sphere surface

2. those particles hit the obstruction geometry surface along the way will stop and stay where they meet the obstruction

3. those that hit no obstruction will keep moving outward and when they hit the sphere they will stop and stay at where they meet the sphere surface.

Can anybody help to advise on how to create this simple animation?

Thanks!
242 posts
Something like this?

Attachments:
initGoalVel.hipnc (77.4 KB)

2624 posts
Like this ?

Rob

Attachments:
rse_collide_and_stick_v01.hip (75.2 KB)
spherestick.gif (7.2 KB)

Gone fishing
479 posts
Thank you so much, guys!

may take some time to understand the workflow you created…
2624 posts
Hi , just step through and MMB each node and turn on / off nodes to see the effect. Any questions just ask

Rob
Gone fishing
479 posts
Dear mawi and circusmonkey,

follow up your greate demo on animating shooting points from a point to a sphere, may i ask:

how to identify and keep only those polygons on the sphere that are hit by a point?

Thank you!

in details:
keep only those polygons on a hemi-sphere of which the centroid can be seen from the centre of the sphere without being blocked by whatever geometries in side the hemishpere volume.

hope i made my point clear…
  • Quick Links