Can't Add Shader to the Shop

6697   9   1
5 posts
I've been using Houdini for about a month and have run through tons of functions and everything is stable. But when I was about to follow the tutorials by Digital Tutors on Shaders, I found I can't drag my shader to the shop and onto objects in the scene.
Could anynone help me out?
Thanks!

Attachments:
snap027.jpg (158.3 KB)
snap026.jpg (128.3 KB)

Staff
2540 posts
What version of Houdini? What OS?

This should work.
There's at least one school like the old school!
5 posts
jeff
What version of Houdini? What OS?

This should work.

I am running the version 11.0.469 on my windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks!
Staff
2540 posts
I'd definitely download a more recent build and try that. The build you are using is one of the early releases and quite a few bugs have been fixed.

I believe the current production build is 11.0.547 or download the daily build (what I do frequently) which is 11.0.580 as we are working towards another production build update for release soon.

Let us know if you have the same issue after updating.
731 posts
FYI, I have reported this as a bug months ago and it's been logged, (I'm on Linux). I do hope it will get some attention some day.

Dragging and dropping works only about 50% of the time, and there is no rhyme nor reason to it. This stopped working reliably in H11, and it's quelle drag.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
Staff
2540 posts
I had the same issues and the submitted bug has been fixed for me. My specific issue was that I couldn't dnd from the Tree View to any parameter.

Sean, if you are still getting dnd not working with latest latest builds, please be very explicit as to when it is occurring. We are very interested in having these issues fixed.
731 posts
Will do Jeff… I've just upped to build 579 and I'll let you know if there is any change. Build .563 did not behave any differently for me though.

However, I can confirm that you still can't drag a SOP into the viewport and have it change to that SOPs context, (when panes are unlinked), as you allegedly can on Windows. This was also part of the bug discussion, if you need to check.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
5 posts
jeff
I'd definitely download a more recent build and try that. The build you are using is one of the early releases and quite a few bugs have been fixed.

I believe the current production build is 11.0.547 or download the daily build (what I do frequently) which is 11.0.580 as we are working towards another production build update for release soon.

Thank you for your suggestion! I will try a new version this weekend and I will let you know if it works or not.
5 posts
jeff

I am now using 11.0.581 and everything goes fine. Thanks!
5 posts
Strider
jeff

I am now using 11.0.581 and everything goes fine. Thanks!

It seems that the problem still exists… :?
  • Quick Links