exporting channels from CHOP network once

2207   3   2
1799 posts
Is there a way to export channels of a chop network into an operator without keeping a realtime connection (or at least exporting in realtime, then being able to keep the modified channels after disconnecting?)

I am trying to setup a system on which I save presets using a ROP network with bclip files, which then can be re-imported into the node. However, the user needs to be able to tweak those nodes after the values have been imported

any help would be greatly appreciated!
-G
1799 posts
Ok it looks like Galleries actually did exactly what I wanted just created a new gallery with a new category and started adding my assets in there
-G
1799 posts
ugh… saving a preset to a gallery seems to work fine. However, it does not seem to like saving expressions to the gallery (it replaces all expression driven channels with 1). Anyone know why this may be happening? Should it be bugged?
-G
731 posts
Have you tried this ultra-obscure method?

- Right click on your chop, go “Edit Data Channels”

- In the dialog that comes up, hit the little tiny wee teeny little unlabeled button in the top row on the far right. This will allow you to export channels to an object.

- This locks your chop. Once the data has been exported, you can unlock it again.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
  • Quick Links