Atttribute Transfer transfering more than I ask

2011   4   0
509 posts
Hello!

I love attribute transfer so much thah I use it very often to grab point position between two geometries too, although I just realized that if you select “P” as the custom attribute to transfer, rather than on of the “default” one, it does indeed tranfer my point position but I also get every other attribute that's on the “template” mesh transferred too .. guess this isn't supposed to happen right?

using Houdini 10.0.595 on Fedora.

cheers!
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
150 posts
Hi,

I just tried this and it is true that it transfers all other attributes too. I think this is due to the fact that P is not an explicit attribute like Cd is for example and though it gets transferred the attribute transfer node “thinks” that the parameter field is still empty in which case it transfers ALL attributes.

You can manually exclude the other attributes:

P ^Cd ^v

Or you can just enter a string that is not an attribute in which case the node throws a warning but will only transfer P:

P somethingNotAnAttribute

Hope this solves your problems.

I think however you are right that the attribute transfer SOP should be able to handle implicit attributes like P without having to do workarounds.

-dennis
Technical Reel 2015 [vimeo.com]
509 posts
Thanks!
yeah I'm overriding the other attributes from being transferred already by either deleting them afterward or as you've adviced, I was just wondering if this should be logged as a bug in fact. on massive geometries this could get heavy!
JcN
7735 posts
Please log a bug, thanks!
509 posts
edward
Please log a bug, thanks!

done! cheers.
JcN
  • Quick Links