Some issues with Houdini apprentice

2409   2   1
1 posts
Hi,

We've trouble using MPlay in block editing mode, when I launch it, MPlays begins to eats up memory and die, or it sets the frame range with random numbers. Sounds like a communication error.

We're using the 11.1.22-gcc-4.1 version on openSuse 11.2 x64. I tried with 11.1.118, I get the same errors.

BTW, I've created some SOP nodes with the HDK, all works well, but I always have “$HSITE/houdini11.1/dso/SOP_GOPXport.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8SOP_Node17getVariableStringEiR9UT_Stringi” appearing in the terminal. Perhaps I forgot to link against a library ?

Thank you.

Attachments:
mplay_bug.jpg (43.7 KB)

1390 posts
cedricdl
Hi,

We've trouble using MPlay in block editing mode, when I launch it, MPlays begins to eats up memory and die, or it sets the frame range with random numbers. Sounds like a communication error.

We're using the 11.1.22-gcc-4.1 version on openSuse 11.2 x64. I tried with 11.1.118, I get the same errors.

you should submit a bug for this (Support menu on top of the site).

BTW, I've created some SOP nodes with the HDK, all works well, but I always have “$HSITE/houdini11.1/dso/SOP_GOPXport.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8SOP_Node17getVariableStringEiR9UT_Stringi” appearing in the terminal. Perhaps I forgot to link against a library ?

Thank you.

If I'm not wrong someone from SESI has stated that compiler version must match *exactly* the one used by SESI. Perhaps it's not enough to have gcc 4.1, but match minor builds also. Anyhow, I couldn't get rid of these warnings ever on any build/linux I had used ever for HDK. They seem to be harmless though.
7740 posts
cedricdl

The plugin was probably compiled in an older version of Houdini that is no longer compatible. It should go away if you rebuild it with the new Houdini build.
  • Quick Links