Audio in the dopesheet....

5132   8   1
527 posts
I have not used audio in houdini for a while and just noticed that the audio doesn't play when you scrub the time line in the dope sheet.

Im sure there are reasons for this, however it is becoming a pain everytime I want to hear an audio scrub. I have to mouse down to the play bar and fiddle with that, then go back and edit my keys in the dope sheet.

Is there a way to enable to work like in 5.5?
soho vfx
527 posts
It is possible to get somewhat of a scrub going by using the arrow keys really fast on the keyboard. However it crushes houdini with lag. :?

It shouldn't be a problem as I have had scenes longer than 500 frames before with audio and no lag in 5.5.
soho vfx
7733 posts
When using scrubbing, it really depends on how heavy the scene in the viewport that it requires to cook.

The scrubbing anywhere in Houdini other than the playbar was unfortunately broken when we made it so that it would relinquish the audio device as soon as you're not scrubbing. This was done so that it could co-exist with audio in mplay. We've since fixed this for the next post 6.1 release.
527 posts
Thanks Ed!

………I feel like a kid waiting for christmas.
soho vfx
412 posts
a feature i would like to see is a hotkey that you could hold down while scrubbing and it would only playback audio and not cook anything else until the hotkey was released… basicly a hotkey for audio scrubbing so you could hear it smoothly and find the place where you need and go.
Dave Quirus
7733 posts
Maybe you could change the cook mode to Never ….
412 posts
edward
Maybe you could change the cook mode to Never ….

can you do this and how…?

interested,
dave
Dave Quirus
1631 posts
Hey Dave,

The Cook mode button is at the top right corner. The default is “Always” & clicking on it will cycle through “Always”, “Never” & “Change”.

Cheers!
steven
412 posts
Gee willikers, Radioactive Man.. I've been staring at that always button in the corner everytime houdini loads and never once have ever thought to push the dang thing…

thanks a mil steven and edward..
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links