how to promote object handles to a otl

7069   2   2
618 posts
i did a grid, put into a subnet and created an OTL from there.

how can i expose the grid handle to move rotata and scale if its selected in the viewport.

in that way the user doesnt have to dive inside the otl, and leave the grid node unlock.

for what i have seen in the stereo camera otl, you can select the ZPS plane in the viewport and will give the transform handles.

(is posible to show the handles of SOPs too? or just things at obj lvl?)

Thanks
8619 posts
right-click on handle
Export Handle To Digital Asset
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
1799 posts
just a quick addition to that. make sure that yo uhave the type properties window open for your digital asset before you right click + promote handle to digital asset. Otherwise I think it will not work.

Important to note too that when you are doing this, you are really automagically promoting the parameters that the handle you are promoting are supposed to drive, then creating a handle for the particular definition of your digital asset node, and finally, binding the promoted parameters to the handle that was just created in your digital asset node. Having an understanding on how this works behind the scenes saves a lot of headaches as well as gives a lot of power

Note too that you can manually create ANY handle (from the create handle drop down menu) and bind a particular widget of it to ANY handle. The CurveOptions handle is particularly interesting…
-G
  • Quick Links