Bullet and glue constrain network

3064   5   2
696 posts
Just wondering if there's a DOP way to know if a glue constrain network for an object has been broken, anyone knows?
I looked everywhere in the detail view but couldn't find it.

Cheers
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
35 posts
Hello
sidefx released a bullet tutorial. I believe it covers this around about 28mins into the tut.
696 posts
Hmmmm… I'm not really sure I follow you…
I mean, I did see there are ways to animate the glue constrain network so as to break bonds over time, but once a bond is broken there's no visible record of it in DOPs (that I could find) except for the Geometry of the glue network itself.
At this point I'd have loop through the Geometry to know if the bond for a specific object still exists or not which I don't think would scale up nicely (with thousands or hundreds of thousand objects for example) so I was expecting that each glued object would have a record itself telling if it's glued or not. That way I can avoid looping through primitives.

Does this make sense? Or is there another simpler way to check if a piece is still glued or not?

Thanks!
Toronto - ON
696 posts
Just to give a bit of a background to my question: I want to add velocity to my pieces once the glue constrain is undone. I thought that doing it though a metaball force would end up weakening the bonds as well and I'd prefer if it didn't.

Cheers
Toronto - ON
696 posts
Ok, BUMP!
And a question: I thought I heard Jeff say in the bullet masterclass that constrains have no way to know when another constrain is broken, that we have to create the logic (I think he was talking about the spring angle constrain or something). Does that speak to the fact that I can't find a dops record of when a glue constrain is broken? Is it just not implemented yet?

Cheers
Toronto - ON
111 posts
Do you check the file bldgCollapse48.hip in bullet master class files? It is interesting it is trying to delete links inside sop solver. But I find that delete point is not working! An other file seems to work which is delete prim.

So I wander if it possible to delete points which is affecting prims to control the glue network.

Thanks in advance!
  • Quick Links