Licence Problem with Houdini FX and material editor.

5811   5   1
2 posts
Hi,

One of our artist seems to have an issue with Houdini when he is about to use some materials if i'm correct. He get a popup saying this:
No licenses could be found to run this application.

Please note, starting with Houdini 12.1, the main product is called Houdini FX (houdinifx).
You may be trying to run Houdini (houdini) formerly known as Houdini Escape (hescape),
which requires a separate Houdini-Escape license that may be missing.
You can try launching Houdini FX, instead.
Please check for a valid license server host
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6/IFD.py”, line 489, in <module>
forphoton=isphoton)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 899, in render
skipobject, skiplight)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 878, in renderObjects
skipobject, skiplight)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 837, in outputObjects
outputInstance(obj, now)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 688, in outputInstance
check_renderable=check_renderable)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDsettings.py”, line 407, in outputObject
_outputShaderList('object', plist, skiplist)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDsettings.py”, line 325, in _outputShaderList
getattr(plist, “ShopType”, soho.ShopTypeDefault))
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDapi.py”, line 127, in ray_shader
print shader
IOError: (22, ‘Invalid argument’)

Please note, starting with Houdini 12.1, the main product is called Houdini FX (houdinifx).
You may be trying to run Houdini (houdini) formerly known as Houdini Escape (hescape),
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6/IFD.py”, line 489, in <module>
forphoton=isphoton)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 899, in render
skipobject, skiplight)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 878, in renderObjects
skipobject, skiplight)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 837, in outputObjects
outputInstance(obj, now)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDframe.py”, line 688, in outputInstance
check_renderable=check_renderable)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDsettings.py”, line 407, in outputObject
_outputShaderList('object', plist, skiplist)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDsettings.py”, line 325, in _outputShaderList
getattr(plist, “ShopType”, soho.ShopTypeDefault))
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.371/houdini/soho/python2.6\IFDapi.py”, line 127, in ray_shader
print shader
IOError: (22, ‘Invalid argument’)

The message seems to appear two times, and the artist is indeed using Houdini FX. Anyone got this before? or anyone have any idea what would be causing this?

Thx.
7725 posts
Is the error consistent? Perhaps all available licenses were already in use when he tried to render. Also double-check that he's not using a “tainted” session that could happen if he tries to use anything saved with the non-commercial Houdini edition. When that happens, any output to generate IFDs (as indicated by the trace back) will be prohibited.
2 posts
1-Is the error consistent?

Yes the error is consistent, it happens everytime a render or render region is clicked or when a material preview is refreshed.

2-Also double-check that he's not using a “tainted” session that could happen if he tries to use anything saved with the non-commercial Houdini edition.

I confirm that no non-commercial digital assets or other files was involded in the session.

Attachments:
imagehoudini2.png (71.0 KB)
imagehoudini1.png (66.7 KB)

7725 posts
From your pic, it shows a blank render because you have no render licenses.

PS. That also looks like pirated license?
52 posts
I am having the similar license problems.
I purchased Houdini HD Apprentice and then purchased Houdini Master, after evaluating Apprentice. Errors popped up, when I just had Houdini HD Apprentice. Errors still pop up with Master.

I modified the window firewall to specifically allow all mantra and Houdini processes. I am using webroot anywhere always security. I allow mantra and Houdini in it's firewall.

I have had issues with using the license manager. I used the website to redeem my licenses and the local license server did not update the licenses. I manually cut and pasted the master license text and "Houdini-Master 13.0 was added to the Installed License list. I am confused by the listings. My listing looks like the one that you said looked like pirated code. But this is not pirated.
Houdin-Master 13.0 Available 0/1
I included a screen shot.

Perhaps I made a mistake in redeeming the licenses. Perhaps there is some confusion between the Apprentice license and the Master license. Should I remove the Apprentice, since I don't need it on this machine?

This is the error I got when I tried to load an image for an environmental light

———————————————————————————-

mantra: Unable to load texture ‘CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.237/houdini/pic/DOSCH_DH1SX_lowres.rat’

Attachments:
Houdini_licenses.jpg (54.5 KB)

Brad Carvey
Staff
1449 posts
The Apprentice licenses don't interfere with commercial ones, but it's always a good idea to uninstall them not to contaminate your commercial assets and files with non-commercial version. But, before you uninstall, you should probably get your commercial license working.

You can send the diagnostic info to support and they will be able to help you:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1209&Itemid=273#trouble [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links