some examples of attribVOP used to write attributes?

2970   3   1
1799 posts
Hey guys, I am trying in a particular operation to use an attribVOP instead of an attribWrangle (for certain reasons), and I am having a bit of a hard time understanding how to go about bringing in attributes and then writing them out..

To bring attributes in:

- do I use a parameter and bind my parameter to the attribute by name?
- or do I use the getAttribute VOP?

To write attributes out:

- Not too sure here as Add Attribute is not available in this vop context, and the output VOPs do not allow me to write to custom attributes.. do I need to use a parameter VOP and set it to take an input?

thank you!
-G
166 posts
I don't really know in this specific case, but I guess it's similar. Using VOPs in DOPs you don't have the ‘Add Attr’ either, and I've been succesful using the Parameter VOP.

Say you have some FLIP with a custom attribute, in the Geometry VOP DOP I simply bring that attribute in with a Parameter VOP. Actually I don't really know how to use the Get Attr VOP, so the Parameter is just easier for me to use. Then when I've done what I need, I lay down another Parameter VOP and choose “Export: Always” as well as tick the “Use This Node to Set Parameter Attributes”.
184 posts
Use the Bind VOP for static data…

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/17701-is-bind-export-vop-faster-to-use-than-add-attrib-vop/ [forums.odforce.net]

Attachments:
attribvop_in_out.hipnc (81.8 KB)

1799 posts
thank you guys! I will try these out!
-G
  • Quick Links