rotating/scaling packed geometry via vex/vops

11965   2   0
5 posts
Hi,
I'm trying to find a way to transform packed geometry. The instances seem to store their transformation matrices in the intrinsic primitive attribute called “packedfulltransform”.

So far I've been unable to change them with vex or vops. The following code compiles without error, but it doesn't do anything. What am I missing?

matrix value = { {1, 2.2, 0.7, 0.5}, {0.1, 5.2, 3.2, 1.2}, {0.8, 0.9, 0.1, 0.3}, {0.7, 0.6, 0.1, 0.2}};

setattrib(geoself(), “prim”, “path”, 0, 0, “test”, “set”); //only this line does something
setattrib(geoself(), “primintrinsic”, “packedprimitivename”, 0, 0, “test2”, “set”);
setattrib(geoself(), “primintrinsic”, “packedfulltransform”, 0, 0, value, “set”);
setattrib(geoself(), “primintrinsic”, “packedlocaltransform”, 0, 0, value, “set”);
setprimintrinsic(geoself(), “packedfulltransform”, 0, value, “set”);

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
packedIntrinsics.hipnc (31.6 KB)

4262 posts
If you look at the intrinsics in the Attribute Spreadsheet you'll notice some are grayed out and other ones aren't. The grayed out ones are read only, while the white ones are read/write. If you want to modify the transform of the packed prim you'll need to modify the transform (matrix3) intrinsic and the P.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
5 posts
Ah, I see. Everything works now, thank you very much.
  • Quick Links