AttribCreate basic help

22157   66   2
210 posts
Ok, then most credits go to DD but regardless of who deserves the credits, nonetheless it's one of the most modern, powerful and popular softwares in VFX industry and that for very good reasons.
4189 posts
Lol - Nuke may appear extremely powerful but it too has significant issues - talk to any developer for it and it's got big issues!
1390 posts
MartybNz
Lol - Nuke may appear extremely powerful but it too has significant issues - talk to any developer for it and it's got big issues!

Not to mention a hord of compositors truly hating it Main reason for such a vast Nuke's adoption is its engine. You hardly will find other compositor capable of working on any layers size and number, in 32bit, per any number or channels…

In terms of GUI, Shake was nicer
210 posts
SYmek
Not to mention a hord of compositors truly hating it

Really? So far I haven't met 1 so far, at least no one I call competent. Every software has a few drawbacks here and there but in comparison I think Nuke is justifiably where it is at the moment.

SYmek
In terms of GUI, Shake was nicer Razz
Do you mean in regards of design or usability?

MartybNz
Nuke may appear extremely powerful but it too has significant issues - talk to any developer for it and it's got big issues!

You mean the developers developing Nuke or 3rd party developers?
4189 posts
@ Kk2 - sorry can't say - there's a level of industry experience that once you get to you'll see the software, and it's development in a different light. You start looking at the engine and engineering of the car, not the paint work and sales pitch.
210 posts
So you're talking about Nukes sourcecode?…The way it is written?…About what is under Nukes hood?
That's quite possible that Nuke has some issues there but I'm a VFX generalist, so I'm doing 3D and compositing. I am a user and thus I'm mainly interessted in the front-end and UI. All I wanna do (and all I get payed for) is a good final shot. I'm neither developing Nuke nor 3rd party plugins for Nuke so I don't know much about that. All I know is that in regards of flexibilty, usability and workflowefficiency Nuke rocks.
4189 posts
When you push these tools to their limits all the problems emerge. At general level it's cruising along, no problems, at the high end our work breaks the tools exposing all the spot welds and filler in seams.

@SYmek - Shake still runs in the latest OsX
  • Quick Links