SOP solver in Constraints

4096   2   0
6 posts
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to make a simulation where a ball with spikes flies, and when it reaches a ground plane the spikes with a kind of angle attributes detach from the sphere.
Im using a conetwistconstraint for this, and Im connecting a SOP solver to the constraintnetworks 3rd input, to delete the constraints.
But as soon as I connect the SOP solver, all the input data, that are in the detailview constraintnetwork->geometry tab, disappears (like:angle, constraiend_twix_axis, constraint_name….etc). And my spikes doesnt follow my sphere, like the constraints doesn't exists. Without connecting the SOP solver the constraints primitive attributes are there, the spikes follow the sphere, but I can not give a condition when to delete the constraint.

Do u have any idea what can give this problem?????

(this is in a tutorial of CGSociety Destruction in Houdini, I have the project file, and it works there. I tried to look all the nodes multiple times and I cant see the difference between its sim, and mine.)
242 posts
3DBandi
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to make a simulation where a ball with spikes flies, and when it reaches a ground plane the spikes with a kind of angle attributes detach from the sphere.
Im using a conetwistconstraint for this, and Im connecting a SOP solver to the constraintnetworks 3rd input, to delete the constraints.
But as soon as I connect the SOP solver, all the input data, that are in the detailview constraintnetwork->geometry tab, disappears (like:angle, constraiend_twix_axis, constraint_name….etc). And my spikes doesnt follow my sphere, like the constraints doesn't exists. Without connecting the SOP solver the constraints primitive attributes are there, the spikes follow the sphere, but I can not give a condition when to delete the constraint.

Do u have any idea what can give this problem?????

(this is in a tutorial of CGSociety Destruction in Houdini, I have the project file, and it works there. I tried to look all the nodes multiple times and I cant see the difference between its sim, and mine.)

Make sure to use the relationship import inside the sop solver. Its data path is set to import constraint networks.
When you lay down a sop-solver it defaults to work on the Geometry data.
6 posts
Thx for the answer. But the problem was much more stupid. I did as U wrote, and used the relationship_geometry from the beginning, but I did not clicked on the attribwrangle's node little blue “button” since I thought it's “display/render”, so has nothing to do with calculation, and there was I wrong. Now Solved!
  • Quick Links