How do I render to disc and MPlay at the same time?

2637   2   1
240 posts
As the subject suggests: what's the best way for me to render a sequence of images to my drive while also being able to view/preview the render in Mplay at the same time?

I've done a few searches, but can't seem to find a solid answer.

Thanks!
Luke
69 posts
The image viewer is a separate application. Save images to disk, then launch image viewer. You can do this while rendering. Load up the images that have been rendered and play them.
240 posts
ctedin
The image viewer is a separate application. Save images to disk, then launch image viewer. You can do this while rendering. Load up the images that have been rendered and play them.

Thanks for the thought; I do the same sort of thing already with After Effects - the negative being that I have to wait until an entire frame is finished rendering before I can see the results. Ideally, I'd like to be able to see the buckets filling up at the same time.

I guess this is coming from my C4D experience with their ‘Picture Viewer’ that allows you to render a sequence to disc while watching the buckets fill. Every image rendered to the Picture Viewer also stays in a disc cache until the entire C4D application is shut down - so you can render several images to the picture viewer throughout a work session, and even if you mistakenly close the picture viewer during your work, those rendered images are saved - and you can easily open it up again and choose which specific past rendered images you want to save to disk.
  • Quick Links