Forum status suggestion

1537   1   0
453 posts
Hi,
I would really love it, if there was a status description for every forum thread that could help people to identify unresolved questions. It happens quite often that somebody asks a question and a helpful kind person answers. But sometimes the answer is not quite sufficient and the issue remains unsolved for a long time, because people don't bother helping someone who seemingly already received help.
Now if the creator of the thread could set an “unresolved” status on the first post (and this would be easily visible), more poeple might look at it. Once a solution is found, the creator sets the status to “resolved”. Now poeple who are looking to help won't waste their time and those who have the same question know where to look. WIN WIN WIN - I guess. ;D
2540 posts
The creator of the thread can optionally edit their first post and put the word in front of the original title. This is how I do it. I just assume everything is UNSOLVED until someone marks it otherwise.

The BlenderArtist forum has the feature you mention but very few users actually use it.

There was talk a few months back that this forum was going to be updated because it is extremely dated and has width CSS issues with large images.

Still a WIP I guess…
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links