Secondary particles problem

1667   1   1
1 posts
Hi

I'm trying to achieve an “ocean spray” effect, for this I use the @cusp attribute of the wave sim and then group point with a “@cusp < -0,2” filter so I get a group with only the highest point of wave edge.

I then feed this group to a POPNET as point source to emit primary particles, and then feed that poppet in another poppet to emit secondary particles.

I get the effect I want until +- frame 45, then some wild secondaries appears and ruin the effect. Can't find why those secondaries appear as no primaries are emitting them.

I'm linking the projet, if someone has an idea…

Thanks

Attachments:
seasprayTest.hipnc (1.4 MB)

818 posts
I think this is because the two DOP networks have different substeps. This means when the second DOP network spawn particles, it has to use the interpolated positions from the first DOP network. And since particles are birthing and dying, the interpolated positions are not incorrect.

You can see this interpolation happening if you turn off “Integer Frame Values” in the GLobal Animation Options. Then, display the particles from the first DOP network, and scrub between the frames when these “wild secondaries” appear. You'll see that the particles gets interpolated incorrect between the substeps.

If you set the substeps to be the same between the two DOP networks, you should be able to avoid these wild secondary particles.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links