How to Cache CHOP applied to Shader Parameters

1925   1   0
2040 posts
Hello…I was hoping someone might be able head me in the direction towards the posts title.

I have a chop network that drives parameters of my material shaders in the shop net.

In looking at the available nodes in both the CHOP net and SHOP net the only available option I see is a ROP Network Node.

Within the ROP Network the only node I see available that appears close to what I want to accomplish is the Fetch Node.
(the aim of perhaps fetching the ‘end’ output of the export node from my CHOP net).

However, the docs lead me to believe the Fetch won't work for my purposes because its saying it's used to include ROPs not in the same network.

I don't really need to cache this part of my animation, but my other CHOP net is very heavy computation wise and drives both geometry(easily cached with ROP node) and shader parameters.

So if I knew how to either cache the shader, or just cache the CHOP( which can cover both geometry and shader by importing the cache then exporting again with an export node to my geometry and shader) then I'm all set.

Thanks for any feedback.

If it's not clear on what I am asking please let me know and I will put together a simpler hip file that might help.
Edited by BabaJ - Dec. 5, 2016 13:45:16
142 posts
Hm wondering the same ..please post the file
  • Quick Links