H16 - Problem with mplay flipbook generation

6462   7   0
74 posts
Hi all,
I have problem with the flipbook generation to mplay. It starts - but after 7 frames Houdini is not able to sent more frames. The CPU usage of mplay stays nearley 100 % and nothing happens anymore. I have enough free RAM.
The complexity of a scene doesn't matter. It flipbooks only 7 frames even it is only a box rotating!!!
I'm on windows 10 using indie. I read somewhere here on the forum, that in the past other had similar problems with Houdini 14 and they solved it, running houdini with adminitration right. But it doesn't work here.

Someone else with these problems? Or maybe with a solution?

thank you,
Nico
Edited by nicoM - March 13, 2017 05:27:12
2537 posts
Hmmm.. I don't have any problems using flip book with Indie on Windows 7. Also I don't have problems using flip book on Windows 10 using Apprentice.

What are the specs of your system/ graphics card..?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
74 posts
My system specs are:
Windows 10, 32 GB, Intel i7 4770 @3.4 GHZ, nVidia GTX780, Driver:378.78

I tried different nVidia driver, but they don't solve the problem.

I can render the flipbook to disk without problem but not direct to mplay. When I choose “ip” as output it render only 7 frames!!?! Very strange…
7720 posts
My guess is firewall, antivirus, or something similar that's blocking the communication.
74 posts
Firewall and antivirus was my first thoughts too. Even when I disable both it still not works.
7720 posts
It sounds like your setup has something different though as Enviob is also on Windows 10 and not having the problem.
1 posts
Same happened to me also. was using Kaspersky, tried disabling network monitoring all ports and that worked for me. Also first check your do check the UAC settings for windows, Keeping it to never notify it might help.
59 posts
I have the same issue with MPLay stopping rendering frames after a certain number. The number of frames before it stops seems to differ each time. I am running Mac OS 10.12.5. I also seem to have the same problem when rendering frames out do disk.

The problems seems to be specific to a certain file. Other files seem to Play seems to work fine!
Edited by CGS - June 17, 2017 17:46:57
  • Quick Links