Houdini to output 1080p instead of resizing it to object size?

4279   3   0
3 posts
Hi, I'm new to Houdini and I was trying to figure out why my rendered resolution is always to object size even though i set it in 1920X1080p in the resolution?

I'm using the mantra node.

Need advise, thanks!

Attachments:
sphere.mantra1.0001 (00000).jpg (34.1 KB)
smoketest.mantra1 (00000).jpg (190.2 KB)

323 posts
HI Zheng Jie Ng,
Houdini indie only allows to render maximum of 1080p for animations. Need it bigger you can only render 1 frame at a time or buy the full version.

regards

Olaf
459 posts
Hi
This sounds like it has to do with the EXR data window option when rendering to Exr. You probably need to add “vm_setexrdatawindow” to your rendering parameters so you can disable it:

- Select your mantra node
- Click on the cog wheel in the upper right corner of the parameters window and select “Edit Rendering Parameters”
- In the left column, search for “vm_setexrdatawindow” with the Filter at the bottom of the column.
- Select “Set EXR Data Window and use the withe arrow to move it to the right column and click accept.
- Find the ”Meta Data“ tab under the ”Images“ Tab and disable ”Set EXR Data Window"

-b
http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
3 posts
bonsak
Hi
This sounds like it has to do with the EXR data window option when rendering to Exr. You probably need to add “vm_setexrdatawindow” to your rendering parameters so you can disable it:

- Select your mantra node
- Click on the cog wheel in the upper right corner of the parameters window and select “Edit Rendering Parameters”
- In the left column, search for “vm_setexrdatawindow” with the Filter at the bottom of the column.
- Select “Set EXR Data Window and use the withe arrow to move it to the right column and click accept.
- Find the ”Meta Data“ tab under the ”Images“ Tab and disable ”Set EXR Data Window"

-b

Thanks Bonsak! That totally helps!
  • Quick Links