Is it possible to attach a "Solid Object" to an animated object?

5593   4   1
407 posts
Hello;

I have a "Solid Object“ and an animated geometry in my scene.
Is it possible to attach that ”Solid Object" to a point on surface of an animated object?

Thanks.
Masoud Saadatmand (MSDVFX)
Staff
429 posts
You can use the Cloth Attach Constraint for this. This constraint works for the Solid Object in addition to the Cloth Object. Perhaps this constraint type should be renamed to make this more clear.

You can set the type of this constraint to either “hard” or “soft”.
In the soft case, which is the default, you may want to tweak the strength (under soft controls tab) depending on your sim setup.
407 posts
Hi “michiel”

I add a “Cloth Attach Constraint” to end of my DOP network. In “Constrained Object” slot I select my “Solid Object” and in “Constrained Points” I add some points from my Solid-Object. Now how could I add target geo and a desire point on it?

There is a “Goal Object” and a “Goal primitives” slot, but I don't know how to bring my geo in it…!
806 posts
Hi, Masoud,

you need to turn the object you want your “solid” to be attached to into a RBD. Switch off “Create Active Object” to have it ignore gravity.

Then you can choose this object to be the goal of the “attach” node and select some primitive on it as the attachment “point”.

Make sure to have the cloth-attach node after the FEM solver. See attachment for an example.

Marc

Attachments:
likeso.PNG (76.4 KB)

---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
407 posts
Thank you “malbrecht”, It works…
  • Quick Links