Houdini, Shotgun integrations and RedShift

3198   2   1
24 posts
Hi all,
Does anyone have any idea how to get RedShift & Shotgun to run together?
I am having issues posting to the Shotgun forums, so I thought I'd give it a shot here, just in case someone else has been through this.

We're currently on Windows and to get Redshift to run, I add a couple of lines to the houdini.env :

HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH"
HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/16.0.705;&"

I have successfully added the qLib tools and Redshift runs fine as well.

Shotgun's toolkit does not load unless I comment out the Redshift lines - then the toolkit loads and the Shotgun panel and menu appear in Houdini.
I know Shotgun is dynamically loading the toolkit at runtime : from the log :
"2017-09-21 14:04:32,799 [15112 INFO sgtk.ext.plugin] Bootstrapping the Shotgun engine for Houdini..."

I assume it's an issue with the $PATH variable, and was wondering if anyone has any idea as to how to get these two to work together?

If I manage to post on the Shotgun forum, I will post any responses here in case it'll help others.

Thanks,
Matt.
2537 posts
Here are some of my settings with Redshift and Renderman both running.
RMANTREE="c:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManProServer-20.9"
PATH="$PATH;$RMANTREE/bin;C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin"
HOUDINI_DEFAULT_RIB_RENDERER=prman20.9
HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/15.5.523;&"

Maybe you just need to remember to add the original path back in for each program you add to the path? Or separate the two paths with a semi colon.
HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH; C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/15.5.523;&"
Edited by Enivob - Sept. 26, 2017 21:10:49
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
24 posts
Hey Enivob,

I was under the impression that the “&” at the end was doing this, but adding the original path back did the trick :

"HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH; C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/16.0.705;&"

Thanks,
Matt.
  • Quick Links