HoudiniConfig.cmake for Linux HDK before 16.5?

1445   4   2
11 posts
Hi,

According to the documentation, there is a pair of CMake files to create build files to compile with the HDK in HFS/toolkit/cmake. I can see the files in Windows and Linux for Houdini 16.5, but not in Linux for previous versions (in my case, 15.5).

I tried creating them based on the 16.5 ones by changing version numbers and removing the proto header generation function as well as some dsolibs. It compiles, but the DSO does not load in Houdini.

Is there a version of HoudiniConfig.cmake that would work with Houdini 15.5 in Linux? I attached the version I made:
[attach]HoudiniConfig.cmake[/attach]

Thanks!

Attachments:
HoudiniConfig.cmake (7.2 KB)

Staff
727 posts
The HDK CMake module was added in 16.5.
I wouldn't expect that major changes would be needed in order to port it to earlier versions, aside from different libraries, etc as you mentioned. You could try running Houdini with HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR [www.sidefx.com] set to get some more information about why the DSO isn't loaded.
11 posts
Thanks for your reply!

It was actually because I had forgotten to include the UT/UT_DSOVersion.hheader.

I also wanted to mention that I got the following error while running CMake for my project:
CMake Error at /opt/hfs16.5/toolkit/cmake/HoudiniConfig.cmake:45 (get_filename_component):
get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
In HoudiniConfig.cmake, I had to change the following lines:
    set( _houdini_install_root "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/../.." )
get_filename_component( _houdini_root ${_houdini_root} ABSOLUTE )
set( _houdini_hfs_root ${_houdini_install_root} )
to
    set( _houdini_install_root "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/../.." )
get_filename_component( _houdini_install_root ${_houdini_install_root} ABSOLUTE )
set( _houdini_hfs_root ${_houdini_install_root} )
Staff
727 posts
That should be fixed already in 16.5.407
11 posts
Yes sorry, I just saw your reply on another post and was going to edit my answer
  • Quick Links