UV Brush for modeling

3317   3   2
12490 posts
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a fun application of using the UVBrush SOP to paint a surface sliding across itself. It brushes in the opposite direction than it should but there might be a way to get it to reverse this behaviour.

This is a simple and fast way to brush around isoparms on a NURBs object. It would be great to have this as a PatchBrush tool - and if there could be any solid way to do it, a PolyBrush tool.

Anyhow; check it out and if you have any more ideas on this, post 'em!

Attachments:
selfsnap.1.zip (22.3 KB)

Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
44 posts
hehe, this is really wicked, i think i missed that once in the past.
7025 posts
That's very strong! One of things Houdini still misses is point-tangent transforms, so you can slide points along their connecting lines. Maya has had this for a long time, and I often get asked about it when people try to model in Houdini… I'll have to remember this as a workaround )

Getting UVs onto the SubD cage would be the bitch, I'd think, but you could probably do a temp local projection just to slide the points.

Cheers,

Peter B
581 posts
pbowmar
That's very strong! One of things Houdini still misses is point-tangent transforms, so you can slide points along their connecting lines. Maya has had this for a long time, and I often get asked about it when people try to model in Houdini… I'll have to remember this as a workaround

Getting UVs onto the SubD cage would be the bitch, I'd think, but you could probably do a temp local projection just to slide the points.

Cheers,

Peter B
Yes it would be very useful, I have asked for the same in the past:
http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4047 [odforce.net]
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links