Cannot load custom plugin: "intended for use with a different version of Houdini"

1657   2   1
11 posts
Hi,

I have my own Houdini plugin, based on the SOP_Star example. It works well when built and run from Ubuntu 16.04 and CentOS 7 (Houdini 16.5.439).

When I try to use it in Windows 10, I get the following DSO Error when I open Houdini:
(126) Couldn't load C: /Users/<…>/Documents/houdini16.5/dso/<…>.dll.
This is probably because this file was intended for use with a different version of Houdini.

I only have one version of Houdini installed (16.5.439). I use CMake to create a Visual Studio 2015 solution ($HFS/toolkit/cmake) and it compiles fine. The SOP_Star example compiles and works fine, without any error.

What could I try to diagnose the issue?
323 posts
Hi Moival,
why are you doing all this compiling stuff? This is very advanced stuff and you dont need it in most cases.

Have a look at HDAs and turn this into an HDA and it will work anywhere…
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/assets/create.html [www.sidefx.com]

greetings

Olaf
11 posts
Hi Olaf,

Thank you for your reply, sorry I did not see it until now.
I use the HDK to program my own operator, so a digital asset is not sufficient unfortunately.

Currently, I have the same error message with Houdini 16.5.536 and Visual Studio 2017 (vc15).

EDIT: So, the issue was with the ANN library [www.cs.umd.edu], which has allocation/deallocation methods that trigger the problem, for some reason.
Edited by moival - Aug. 4, 2018 16:54:57
  • Quick Links