What's the "@strength = ?" used to do? in attribute wrangle of glue constraint?

2424   5   1
15 posts
Hello,I learn destruction with glue .There's one question I can't understand and need help.
In Attribute Wrangle. what does the “@strength” mean? I didn't find glue's strength value changed.So what's “@strength” used to do?
731 posts
It's hard to say without seeing the code, but @strength refers to the geometry's strength attribute. In this case it would be the glue strength of your constraints. Hard to tell if the code is doing anything or not, maybe a threshold for its effect is not being met.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
15 posts
Thank you @mrCatfish
But what does the geometry's attribute control,or where I can find some message about the attribute.I couldn't find it in Help manual. I can't figure out what connection it is with the “glue strength” of glue constraint relationship. Help me,please.I am stuck.

Attachments:
learnt.hip (298.2 KB)
learn.jpg (757.9 KB)
learnt2.jpg (605.7 KB)

8597 posts
its mentioned here
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/dop/constraintnetwork.html#constraint-attributes
…You can create attributes on the geometry to customize each constraint’s behavior and type. If a primitive attribute with the same name as a constraint property (such as damping) is present, the attribute value will be multiplied with the value from the constraint sub-data…

so yes, the @strength attribute will act as a per constraint multiplier for the strength parameter that you underlined in the screenshot
Edited by tamte - Feb. 28, 2019 11:37:53
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
731 posts
Yes, look in the geo spreadsheet… you will see “strength” as a primitive attribute on your constraint network. In this case it's making the wall stronger at the bottom and weaker at the top, (I assume to prevent it from collapsing under its own weight).
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
15 posts
@tamte @mrCatfish
Thank you,I'm clear now.Appreciative!!
  • Quick Links