Environment Variable for Header

5081   3   1
3 posts
Is there an environment variable that I can append a path to in order to add another .h file to the ones already included in “/houdini/vex/include/”?

Specifically, I'm concerned with “voplib.h” and “voptype.h”, would it be possible to write extra functions into a header that can be called in the vex builder? Or should I be going the OTL route?

thanks
-alex
166 posts
I may be wrong and miss your question, but if you want to add new VEX functions, you may have to use the HDK for that.
Time to get out of this messy world.
Staff
2602 posts
aschwo
Is there an environment variable that I can append a path to in order to add another .h file to the ones already included in “/houdini/vex/include/”?

Specifically, I'm concerned with “voplib.h” and “voptype.h”, would it be possible to write extra functions into a header that can be called in the vex builder? Or should I be going the OTL route?

thanks
-alex

If you run

hconfig -ap |& less

You'll see a list of all the paths, including HOUDINI_VEX_PATH.

If you create $HOME/houdini8.0/vex/include, you can put headers in there which are picked up when compiling VEX. Or anywhere else in the houdini path.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that hconfig reports the paths scanned for includes.

[Edited for correction to $HOME path – thank you craig]
Edited by - Sept. 21, 2006 11:40:06
557 posts
Is that $HOME/vex/include, or $HOME/houdini8.1/vex/include?
  • Quick Links