Can't find libHAPIL.dll in UE4

1786   2   1
900 posts
I saw already some topic about it, but they were not helpful in my case.

Everything was running fine with this setup: hou 17.5.173 and UE4 4.21.2
I then upgraded to hou 17.5.258 (and uninstalled previous version), and now I get the aforementioned error.

1) In which directory this libHAPIL.dll is supposed to be stored?
I can't happen to find it anywhere if I look in plugins/Runtime/HoudiniEngine/

So, now I'm upgrading UE4 as well to 4.22.2, hoping that it would work.
2) How to know which houdini installation supports which UE4 version? Is there any page mentioning it?

thanks for any help
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

#1) LibHAPIL.dll is located in your houdini install folder, in the bin directory.

The plugin will look for the houdini install path for the version it supports (so the 17.5.173 UE4 plugin will try to find your 17.5.173 install folder) or try to locate a suitable version via the registry.

That error would imply that the plugin failed to locate a suitable version of Houdini, one possible thing causing this would be that you're still using the previous version of the plugin.
If that happens, you can simply try to copy the plugin files from Houdini 17.5.XXX/engine/unreal/4.YY to the UE4 plugin directory to make sure you're using the updated plugin.

#2) We always support the latest 2 versions of UE4 (currently 4.22 / 4.21), sometimes 3 when a new version of UE4 has been released as I try to only remove an old version of the plugin after a production build.

The journal/changelog will mention when we add support for new version of UE4.

https://www.sidefx.com/changelog/?journal=17.5&categories=52&body=&version=&build_0=&build_1=&show_versions=on&show_compatibility=on&items_per_page= [www.sidefx.com]
900 posts
thanks for explaining!
cheers
  • Quick Links