Wrapping up custom scheduler to an HDA

2086   5   3
341 posts
Hi
Looking at these docs http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/tops/custom_scheduler.html [www.sidefx.com]
Feels like some info is missing.
Would be great to have a more in-depth document how to wrap up the scheduler into a HDA.

The tag value is not currently used. The system only checks if tag named jobParm exists.
Its says “jobParm” in the document but in the picture it says “pdg::scheduler”, which one should it be?

My python code uses "'tag' : " for any parm that I want to be overridden by any node
Should it be jobParm?

Cheers
Jens
Jens Martensson
Effects Supervisor @ Weta FX
341 posts
And
Having both Deadline and Tractor schedulers in there doesn't seam to add them to any nodes either.
What do I need to do for the schedulers spare parms to show up on the TOP nodes
Running 17.5.265
Cheers
Jens Martensson
571 posts
The tag name should be pdg::scheduler. We'll update the docs. Also to get them to show up under spare parms, you'll need to place all those sparms under a folder called “Job Parms” (see the docs screenshot you linked). Check out the Type Properties for our shipped schedulers.

Agreed that the Custom schedulers docs needs to be updated.
571 posts
I've updated the documentation to fix both issues (pdg::scheduler, and note about Job Parms folder).
341 posts
And there seams to be a hidden parm on the built in schedulers
pdg_resultserver
Whats is that for?
And do I need it?
Cheers
Jens Martensson
603 posts
jens_martensson
And there seams to be a hidden parm on the built in schedulers
pdg_resultserver
Cheers

Good news - you don't need it. That's just a vestigial parm that can be removed.
  • Quick Links