primitive editing

3615   3   1
2624 posts
Hi all this might sound pretty basic , but how are you suppossed to edit a sphere ( mesh ) faces ? , its possible with an edit sop on a sphere set to polygon then you can select faces !.But I dont want that triangular layout of the faces you get when you set the sphere to polygon !. Also do I also have to use a blast sop every time I want to delete a few faces ?.

Well I figured it out I have to use a convert SOP, set to polygons , this seems a bit over the top just to work on a primitive!

R
Gone fishing
2199 posts
Why not just use the edit sop on the mesh version?

Once you delete any face it is no longer a mesh so it has to be converted to polygons if you want to remove faces. The definition of a mesh is rows and columns with no holes, that way you can convert to polygons or nurbs depending on what you want to do next.

If you are doing this alot then why not make an asset with a sphere and a convert in it so you can instantly add a polygon sphere but with a mesh layout of faces.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
4262 posts
Simon
Why not just use the edit sop on the mesh version?

I think he wants to be able to select some ‘faces’ of the mesh and use the Edit SOP on that. Turning the selection type to 4 (primitive) selects the entire mesh, which although correct is a tad cumbersome.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
2199 posts
Ah yes - good point - bit of a pain to have to do it by points or edges all the time.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links