mo-cap question

3590   4   1
313 posts
Hi there
I have some facial mo-cap (fbx) data files. They are just the movements of a collection of nulls. But I wonder how I could use those data to move the geometry in Houdini? How can I use mo-mapped data to move Houdini's facial Geometry? Does anyone have any idea? I urgently need help! Please help.

thank you for your attention!
4262 posts
While I've never done this myself but I think this is what the Handle Object is for.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
7025 posts
Of course, Houdini doesn't read .fbx so you'll need to process them into something Houdini does read, like .bvh or .amc using Motionbuilder etc.

Cheers,

Peter B
313 posts
How about setup? Does anyone how to set up the facial rigging inHoudini? HOw could I use those moving mull to move the face points? Does anyone got any related experience?
7025 posts
I built a face rig that could have mocap applied to it. It took about 2 weeks so it's not going to be quick to explain. Hopefully SESI will put out a Face Autorig like the Body Autorig some day… Basically, use bones, as the wirecapture is too slow when you start using lookups. Which is too bad, since wirecapture would be the way to go if it was usable.

Cheers,

Peter B
  • Quick Links