edgedivideSOP problems

8170   4   0
51 posts
i seem to have a problem with the edgedivideSOP, when i am using this on a model to divide and connect points, my connection is all over the place. it doesn't simply go from edge to adjacent edge. i'm guessing it's following the order of the point numbers which will never be in order on a complex model, …i guess.
an easy eg, take a poly sphere of quads and collapse one primitive on the side. then all these edges come into and meet at a point at the centre of where the collapsed primitive was. then choose all these edges and use edgedivideSOP on them, they all get divided. then use the connect points option and it's a mess.
i've seen this feature in two other apps and they have no such problem.
am i doing something wrong here, or this a known issue ( as i think it is ).
hope there is a solution
thanks for your time
betty
23 posts
how about simply using polysplit? use shortest path, closed path, snap to midpoint, and select all the midpoints that you want to split?
51 posts
yep, polysplit is what i use but the edgedivideSOP would be quicker if it worked in this manner…..so i was just thinking maybe it could and there was a way….
thanks
7735 posts
EdgeDivide connects the points in the order in which the edges were selected.
51 posts
thanks for that edward.
but as you can see i don't use this method for selection…too slow.
for my eg, i just picked the point in the middle then just hit the 2 key to turn the selection to edges…much faster. this is also the method i've used in other tools and there was no problem.
thanks again
betty
  • Quick Links