Carve node "cycle animation" (in VEX please) across curves with random starting point offset?

4007   3   2
408 posts
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Once again i am desperately searching for that neat little vex line, used in a tutorial or sample hip file i can not remember the name/topic of, that allows to animate in a very procedural fashion the Carve node's “First and Second U” parameters in a way that made it “loop / cycle” across each curve.

I dug into my favourite resources and found some very interesting examples created by the ever so generous Matt Estela that came close to what i'm searching for. But it “ping-pongs / bounces” along the curves. When i'm searching for a way to “travel through” the curve. Carve it from start til the end and then back at the start and carve it from start til the end over and over again. That with a random offset starting point on each curve.

If you know how, or simply remember where that little gem is hiding, please be so kind to share the info down here.

Cheers.
11 posts
Something like this?

Attachments:
carveLoop.gif (109.6 KB)
carveLoop.hip (135.4 KB)

408 posts
ThomasRunning
Something like this?

Pretty much, yeah Fantastic! I can't thank you enough. So handy for me this one.

Again, much appreciated.

Cheers,

A.
60 posts
托马斯·跑步
Something like this?
I'm having a similar problem, thanks for your help!

Cheers!
  • Quick Links