Supercharged H20 extension (TouchDesigner Style)

27458   92   8
27 posts
jandress
Does this work with the Python3 builds of Houdini?
Would also love to know.

____

@animatrix_, can you explain the difference and benefits of patron over gumroad for all of your tools? AFAIK all of your tools are available on Patreon, including this. And it's a monthly subscription with will grant you access to everything until the payment continues. Got it. What about Gumroad? You have this GUI-workflow (two separate releases BTW), and All SOP HDAs? Are those getting updates? If I buy this thingie and the HDA bundles, am I set for the future, or I will be locked for Houdini 18.5 versions?
4495 posts
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see these posts.

Telefon Doma
So you mean is cheaper to buy on Gumroad for 49 USD rather than on Patreon for 29 USD because the tool is not functional whit all Houdini versions , and not to pay X months 29 USD to get it working ? So on Gumroad you will update it and once i get it from Patreon there will be no updates for the tool if i don't pay another 29 USD for the month you fix it ?

Thank you.

You can buy from either but the most regularly updated version is the Gumroad one.

jandress

I just pushed an update for H19 so now it supports both Python 2.7 and 3. More info as follows.

Njordy
jandress
Would also love to know.

____

@animatrix_, can you explain the difference and benefits of patron over gumroad for all of your tools? AFAIK all of your tools are available on Patreon, including this. And it's a monthly subscription with will grant you access to everything until the payment continues. Got it. What about Gumroad? You have this GUI-workflow (two separate releases BTW), and All SOP HDAs? Are those getting updates? If I buy this thingie and the HDA bundles, am I set for the future, or I will be locked for Houdini 18.5 versions?

I post a lot of things on patreon that's not available on Gumroad, and I posted major versions of Supercharged there too, a couple of times. However the best place to get regular updates on Supercharged is Gumroad. It's due to how some people want this sort of tool as a one-off purchase vs subscription.

I know it's a bit hard to draw the line sometimes.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
4495 posts
gum.co/fxsup [gum.co]

I have recently updated Supercharged to work natively with Houdini 19. It's now more robust thanks to the built-in viewport Qt handle added by SideFX. Due to this, this version is not backwards compatible.

I was on the H19 beta so I tested the new Qt handle and it allowed the overlay network editor to update and track viewport changes a lot better. That's why this is an important update.

It should also work better on some Linux distros.

There will be some more upcoming changes and finally an updated showcase video and an in-depth video showing all of the available features.
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

42 posts
Really nice ! I bought it and is it possible to have a pdf which explain shortcuts etc ?
4495 posts
Hi,

I don't have a PDF but you can see the default hotkeys if you bring the hotkeys file (HOUDINI_USER_DIR/animatrix/hotkey system/hotkeys.csv) into Google Sheets.

I explain the syntax here:

It also has dual hotkeys via the use of popup menus (one key to bring them up, and another to invoke a particular entry, or just select manually)

Such as the Noise menu in VOPs:

All of this is customizable.

9 posts
Very simple idea yet so useful. I really wish SideFX adds an option to have the network editor as an overlay to the viewport.
Thank you animatrix_!

P.S.: also want to know, did you fix problem with re-scalable window in latest version?
4495 posts
ZeitG
Very simple idea yet so useful. I really wish SideFX adds an option to have the network editor as an overlay to the viewport.
Thank you animatrix_!

P.S.: also want to know, did you fix problem with re-scalable window in latest version?

Yes this issue doesn't occur anymore in the latest version, thanks to SESI's native Qt handle for the viewport. It eliminates the most fragile part of the code to obtain this handle previously by traversing the entire GUI and checking each handle to see if it's the right one.

No need to use those archaic methods anymore

As always SESI delivered again!

4495 posts
Pragmatic VEX is featured on ASUS ProArt showcase series! You can see the Supercharged extension in action.

4 posts
Hello

Please how can i keep the original node shapes ?
And how do i make the overlay node window transparent (100%) without the gray tint ?

Thank you..
4495 posts
Telefon Doma
Hello

Please how can i keep the original node shapes ?
And how do i make the overlay node window transparent (100%) without the gray tint ?

Thank you..

Hi,

To keep the default node shapes, simply avoid copying the files under HOUDINI_USER_DIR/config/NodeShapes.

As for making the network editor 100% transparent, this is possible but then the entire window along with the nodes will be invisible. There is no way to only make the background transparent as it's an OpenGL window.

You can use different amount of transparency based on your needs though.

4 posts
Ok got it whit the node shapes.

And how do i (use different amount of transparency) ?

Like put it as low it can be. like see only the nodes and 1 percent of the gray ?

Thank you.
4495 posts
There are default presets for 25/50/75/100% opacity (Ctrl+F1/F2/F3/F4).

But if you want to change an existing command or add your own, you can edit this file:
HOUDINI_USER_DIR/hotkey system/toolbar/supercharge.shelf

For example:

<tool name="setOpacityTo1" label="Set Opacity To 1%" icon="SOP_polyextrude">
    <script scriptType="python"><![CDATA[
from utility_overlay_network_editor import setOverlayNetworkEditorOpacity
setOverlayNetworkEditorOpacity(0.01)
]]></script>
  </tool>

49 posts
Has this been tried on a Mac? I get a crash on startup.

2022-01-24 15:05:09.488 houdinifx[16344:9437026] *** Assertion failure in -[SI_OSXMenuItem initWithTitle:action:keyEquivalent:], NSMenuItem.m:478
2022-01-24 15:05:09.491 houdinifx[16344:9437026] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: charCode != nil'
*** First throw call stack:
(
	0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007ff81e1726cb __exceptionPreprocess + 242
	1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007ff81ded4dce objc_exception_throw + 48
	2   Foundation                          0x00007ff81ef4f1f3 -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 267
	3   AppKit                              0x00007ff820a3ec15 -[NSMenuItem initWithTitle:action:keyEquivalent:] + 447
	4   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f9a872c _ZN10SI_OSXMenu12generateMenuEP11si_MenuItemS1_P6NSMenuRK24si_MenuGenerationContextP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilteri + 1132
	5   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f9a8d09 _ZN10SI_OSXMenu12generateMenuEP11si_MenuItemS1_P6NSMenuRK24si_MenuGenerationContextP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilteri + 2633
	6   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f9a8d09 _ZN10SI_OSXMenu12generateMenuEP11si_MenuItemS1_P6NSMenuRK24si_MenuGenerationContextP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilteri + 2633
	7   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f96bffd _ZN12si_ParseData15generateMenuBarERK24si_MenuGenerationContext + 157
	8   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f97921d _ZN10SI_XMLMenu25parseAndGenerateMenuBarUIER12AP_InterfacePKcS3_S3_bP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilterb + 445
	9   libHoudiniAPPS2.dylib               0x000000010dcd5297 _ZN8OPUI_App16buildMainMenuBarEPKcS1_ + 103
	10  libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib               0x000000010b3b96fe _ZN8FUSE_App15initApplicationEP10UI_ManageriPPKc + 10734
	11  libHoudiniAPPS2.dylib               0x000000010dea05b3 _ZN12OPUI_MainApp15initApplicationEP10UI_ManageriPPKc + 1907
	12  libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib               0x000000010b426703 _ZN23FUSE_HoudiniBinariesApp15initApplicationEP10UI_ManageriPPKc + 579
	13  libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f989916 main + 5510
	14  dyld                                0x0000000200fc94fe start + 462
	15  dyld                                0x0000000200fc4000 dyld + 0
)
libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
16344:  (sent by pid 16344)
Saving application data to /tmp/houdini_temp/crash.untitled.pcolton_16344.hiplc
2022-01-24 15:05:09.529 houdinifx[16344:9437026] CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert:  called from main application thread, will block waiting for a response.
Edited by paulcolton - Jan. 24, 2022 18:07:46
2 posts
Hi,

Been using this plugin for quite a while, pretty satisfying here.

Just one question regarding to a weirdness. The overlay network editor doesn't seem to follow the scene viewport size and position when in LOP context. Anything else other than Lop works perfectly fine.

I've been fiddling around with your code for some time, hasn't found a simple fix to this, It would be of great help to me if you can provide any insights on this, just wanna add the same functionality to Lop context. Thanks!

Attachments:
01.png (544.7 KB)

1 posts
This is awesome for laptop users, glad I invested! I am having a couple a minor issue regarding the position of the overlay.

Any ideas on how to get this aligned properly?

I am also unable to use full screen as the pane dividers disappear, making it difficult to access e.g. the geo spreadsheet.

Thanks for any insight into these problems.
4495 posts
paulcolton
Has this been tried on a Mac? I get a crash on startup.

2022-01-24 15:05:09.488 houdinifx[16344:9437026] *** Assertion failure in -[SI_OSXMenuItem initWithTitle:action:keyEquivalent:], NSMenuItem.m:478
2022-01-24 15:05:09.491 houdinifx[16344:9437026] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: charCode != nil'
*** First throw call stack:
(
	0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007ff81e1726cb __exceptionPreprocess + 242
	1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007ff81ded4dce objc_exception_throw + 48
	2   Foundation                          0x00007ff81ef4f1f3 -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 267
	3   AppKit                              0x00007ff820a3ec15 -[NSMenuItem initWithTitle:action:keyEquivalent:] + 447
	4   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f9a872c _ZN10SI_OSXMenu12generateMenuEP11si_MenuItemS1_P6NSMenuRK24si_MenuGenerationContextP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilteri + 1132
	5   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f9a8d09 _ZN10SI_OSXMenu12generateMenuEP11si_MenuItemS1_P6NSMenuRK24si_MenuGenerationContextP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilteri + 2633
	6   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f9a8d09 _ZN10SI_OSXMenu12generateMenuEP11si_MenuItemS1_P6NSMenuRK24si_MenuGenerationContextP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilteri + 2633
	7   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f96bffd _ZN12si_ParseData15generateMenuBarERK24si_MenuGenerationContext + 157
	8   libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f97921d _ZN10SI_XMLMenu25parseAndGenerateMenuBarUIER12AP_InterfacePKcS3_S3_bP20SI_XMLMenuItemFilterb + 445
	9   libHoudiniAPPS2.dylib               0x000000010dcd5297 _ZN8OPUI_App16buildMainMenuBarEPKcS1_ + 103
	10  libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib               0x000000010b3b96fe _ZN8FUSE_App15initApplicationEP10UI_ManageriPPKc + 10734
	11  libHoudiniAPPS2.dylib               0x000000010dea05b3 _ZN12OPUI_MainApp15initApplicationEP10UI_ManageriPPKc + 1907
	12  libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib               0x000000010b426703 _ZN23FUSE_HoudiniBinariesApp15initApplicationEP10UI_ManageriPPKc + 579
	13  libHoudiniUI.dylib                  0x000000010f989916 main + 5510
	14  dyld                                0x0000000200fc94fe start + 462
	15  dyld                                0x0000000200fc4000 dyld + 0
)
libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
16344:  (sent by pid 16344)
Saving application data to /tmp/houdini_temp/crash.untitled.pcolton_16344.hiplc
2022-01-24 15:05:09.529 houdinifx[16344:9437026] CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert:  called from main application thread, will block waiting for a response.

Sorry just saw this one but I replied you via email. In any case mac OS have more issues it seems with the Qt features I am using, so I will put that info on the product page.

4495 posts
Cedric4826
Hi,

Just one question regarding to a weirdness. The overlay network editor doesn't seem to follow the scene viewport size and position when in LOP context. Anything else other than Lop works perfectly fine.

I've been fiddling around with your code for some time, hasn't found a simple fix to this, It would be of great help to me if you can provide any insights on this, just wanna add the same functionality to Lop context. Thanks!

Oh yes I can see why it would do that. I will fix this asap. Currently it only resizes to fit the first visible viewport. If there are no viewports visible, then it doesn't resize by design so that you might still use it while looking at other panes like Render View for example.

I hope SESI exposed the same Qt handle to access the LOP viewport, if not I have to file an RFE.

4495 posts
a_y_t
This is awesome for laptop users, glad I invested! I am having a couple a minor issue regarding the position of the overlay.

Any ideas on how to get this aligned properly?

I am also unable to use full screen as the pane dividers disappear, making it difficult to access e.g. the geo spreadsheet.

Thanks for any insight into these problems.

Yes on some systems, it seems to create a horizontal gap for some reason. Not sure if this is Qt issue or SESI's implementation but I added an offset value that can be adjust to compensate for this inside ../animatrix/overlay network editor/python3.7libs/pythonrc.py

networkEditorXOffsetCorrection = 0

Set this to a value and relaunch Houdini until you see no gap.

As for the fullscreen, it's supposed to hide all those dividers so that you can access these panes using hotkeys. The default hotkey for Details View i.e. Geo Spreadsheet is 7, but all of this can be changed. With these you work faster and also have more screen estate, and also don't have to worry about hitting those controls on limited laptop displays.

2 posts
animatrix_
Cedric4826
Hi,

Oh yes I can see why it would do that. I will fix this asap. Currently it only resizes to fit the first visible viewport. If there are no viewports visible, then it doesn't resize by design so that you might still use it while looking at other panes like Render View for example.

I hope SESI exposed the same Qt handle to access the LOP viewport, if not I have to file an RFE.

I see, so the Lop issue is due to Qt module in Lop context not working the same as other contexts. Thanks a lot for the reply, that makes a lot of sense now and matches my own testing. I hope SESI would add this feature soon.
4495 posts
Cedric4826
animatrix_
Cedric4826
Hi,

I see, so the Lop issue is due to Qt module in Lop context not working the same as other contexts. Thanks a lot for the reply, that makes a lot of sense now and matches my own testing. I hope SESI would add this feature soon.

Ok I modified the code yesterday, I got it working it for LOPs. I will push an update soon because I have a few more small features I need to add before I update the tool online.

• Quick Links