Vellum on Vellum Collision - Each has different constraints

2935   3   0
57 posts
Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of a school project right now where we are doing a soft body sim. I have set up a little obstacle course (after the wipeout show) with big red balls. The character gets hit by a static object and is pushed into big red bouncy balls.
The person is a vellum softbody and the balls are vellum, but I don't understand how to properly plug this in to the dopnet.
I've set up my own dopnet (no default vellum solver) and I've tried merging the vellum objects (caused the person mesh to “explode” and stretch in crazy ways) and I've tried the multisolver but it doesn't accept the vellum solver.

How do I go about making two vellum objects of different constraints interact?

Thanks! File attached if you want to see whats going on. Note the person mesh is an import so you might have to drop down a piece of test geo to fill in.

Attachments:
ragdoll_wipeout_v00.hipnc (1.3 MB)

VFX Student at SCAD
Happy Renders!

https://www.hopeschroers.com/ [www.hopeschroers.com]
8551 posts
some geometry is not included so it's hard to see what you are seeing
however make sure your Dopnet has just one Vellum Object node and one Vellum Solver node, then for each of the separately prepped vellum geos/cns from sops you can use unique Vellum Source DOP
Edited by tamte - Jan. 18, 2020 15:49:16
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
555 posts
here's my simplified setup…sorry I mangled you scene.

(I took the liberty of moving your keys to make the catapult much snappier…more oooomph!!!)
Edited by vusta - Jan. 18, 2020 23:31:13

Attachments:
vu_ragdoll_wipeout_v00.hipnc (1.0 MB)
Pigflies.gif (909.9 KB)

555 posts
your turn Tommy….Jackass style

Attachments:
Jackass.gif (1.0 MB)
vu_ragdoll_Jackass.hipnc (1.0 MB)

• Quick Links