"onCookTask"

2864   8   2
5 posts
Hi so i am Trying to render in maya a batch esentially via the sendCommans In Tops into python i keep getting a
Error:Node Reported failure for callback ‘onCookTask’

I have read throw https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/tops/processors.html [www.sidefx.com]

And dont completely understand what to do to may code to make it work i have tried using the code they said in that but seems i am doing some thing Wrong asistance will be apreciated

This code is coppied that gives the erorr and if i try add it it still dosent work Please help also still very new to houini

Code :
import maya.cmds as cmds

def reportUserLog(*args):
message =
for arg in args:
message.append(str(arg))
message = ‘ ’.join(message)
mel.eval(r'print": %s\n";' % message)

#Load all the elembic plugins into maya
cmds.loadPlugin( ‘AbcExport.mll’ )
cmds.loadPlugin( ‘AbcImport.mll’ )
cmds.loadPlugin( ‘mtoa.mll’ )

#Find all the TransForms objects in the outliner in the top line of outliner
nodes = cmds.ls(type= ‘transform’)

#Gets the maya file location for us of this file so we can see what we need to export or how we need to use it
fileLoc = cmds.file(q = True, exn = True)
fileLocSplit = fileLoc.split('/')

#This will export what it needs from the lighting scene
if ‘render’ == fileLocSplit:
cmds.setAttr(“defaultRenderGlobals.currentRenderer”, “arnold”, type=“string”)
mel.eval('loadPreferredRenderGlobalsPreset(“arnold”);')
import maya.mel
cmds.workspace(dir = ‘O:/houdinie_pdg_test/work/houdini_test_proj/assets/imageSequence’)
cmds.setAttr('defaultRenderGlobals.imageFilePrefix', “O:/houdinie_pdg_test/work/houdini_test_proj/sh_002/render/maya/images/testingRen”, type = “string” )
mel.eval('mayaBatchRender();')
603 posts
Is there anything in the Command Send work item log? Right click on work item dot -> Task Info. There may be a “Show Log” at the bottom.

Have you tried copy and pasting your code into the Maya script editor and evaluating it there?
5 posts
The node it is running on is giving this log : Log not found

The top node that Reports everything back Is giving this :

Hide log
INFO:__main__:Attempting to connect to sharedserver at ('Bunny', 56254)
AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.7.5 (built Feb 6 2018 18:28:08)
00:00:00 407MB WARNING | mvUsdArnoldProcedural52.dll was compiled against non-compatible Arnold 5.2.2.1
00:00:00 407MB WARNING | mvUsdArnoldProcedural53.dll was compiled against non-compatible Arnold 5.3.0.1
00:00:00 407MB WARNING | mvUsdArnoldProcedural54.dll was compiled against non-compatible Arnold 5.4.0.0
Warning: file: C:\Users\Bunny\Documents\maya\2020\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
Warning: file: C:\Users\Bunny\Documents\maya\2020\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
Warning: file: C:\Users\Bunny\Documents\maya\2020\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 7: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’.
Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ and label ‘VDB’ have been saved already.
Initialized VP2.0 renderer {
Version : 2016.11.53.12. Feature Level 4.
Adapter : GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
Vendor ID: 4318. Device ID : 7041
Driver : .
API : OpenGL V.4.6.
Max texture size : 32768 * 32768.
Max tex coords : 8
Shader versions supported (Vertex: 4, Geometry: 4, Pixel 4).
Shader compiler profile : (Best card profile)
Active stereo support available : 0
GPU Memory Limit : 8192 MB.
CPU Memory Limit: 31091.4 MB.
}
OpenCL evaluator is attempting to initialize OpenCL.
Detected 1 OpenCL Platforms:
0: NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA CUDA. OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 11.0.140.
Supported extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_icd cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_nv_compiler_options cl_nv_device_attribute_query cl_nv_pragma_unroll cl_nv_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_nv_d3d11_sharing cl_nv_copy_opts cl_nv_create_buffer cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics
OpenCL evaluator choosing OpenCL platform NVIDIA Corporation.
OpenCL evaluator is unable to find a GPU device that can share VBOs with OpenGL.
00:00:02 482MB WARNING | mvUsdArnoldProcedural52.dll was compiled against non-compatible Arnold 5.2.2.1
00:00:02 482MB WARNING | mvUsdArnoldProcedural53.dll was compiled against non-compatible Arnold 5.3.0.1
Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ and label ‘Image’ have been saved already.
Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename’ and label ‘IES’ have been saved already.
Successfully imported python module ‘arnold’
Successfully imported python module ‘mtoa’
Successfully registered renderer ‘arnold’
Warning: file: O:/houdinie_pdg_test/work/houdini_test_proj/sh_002/render/maya/scenes/TestGeo_Scene_Textures.ma line 1603: Selected nodes were ignored since the ‘scene’ flag was used.
File read in 4.3 seconds.
AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.7.5 (built Feb 6 2018 18:28:08)
Warning: Plug-in, “AbcImport.mll”, is already loaded. Skipped.
Warning: Plug-in, “mtoa.mll”, is already loaded. Skipped.

The thing is I looked and the log i sent really saying eni thing in this matter because the command that is the problem is :mel.eval('mayaBatchRender();')

This command is a render script essentially so i need to tell Houdini to wait before it continues so let it wait for the render essentially
603 posts
> so i need to tell Houdini to wait before it continues so let it wait for the render essentially

If `mayaBatchRender` is asynchronous you should wait in the python script until it's done if possible. Maybe you can hook up a post-render script in your Maya `renderGlobals` to notify you when it's done somehow (create a file / set some global variable etc).
5 posts
Okay I Will Give that a Try Thank u for your suggestion haven't thought of that will get back to u if I Have more problems with this idea thank u again have a lovely Time Bye
5 posts
I tried something like that really fast But node is still Having problems with onCOokTask so is there any documentation i can follow to figure out how the following commands gets implemented and testing them maybe they can work please
Your text to link here… [www.sidefx.com]

Because i Tried jsut taking the example they have there and trying yo tun it in a send command and a python command TOP network but no work so any more assistance will be appreciated and assistance given so far is already appreciated thank u

So to clearify im getting onCookTask error when i run : mel.eval('mayaBatchRender();')

and i Somehow need to tell Houdini this is a rendered inside the top Nodes
603 posts
If you are using the Maya Command Chain block you should use the “Command Send” node to send a python script to Maya, not Python Processor with onCookTask. An example of this is found in $HFS/houdini/pdg/examples/top_mayapipeline
5 posts
Can u Maybe send me a link To this sorry for the very long time to replay

Was busy with other parts of the program im trying to create

I am using the send command node its just its returning with :Node reported failure for callback “OnCookTask”
Edited by Waka - June 22, 2020 07:06:20

Attachments:
Screenshot_9.png (74.2 KB)

603 posts
The example is in the Houdini install:
$HFS/houdini/pdg/examples/top_mayapipeline
  • Quick Links