KineFX - SkeletonSOP - Changing rotation order

1845   5   2
54 posts
Hey guys,

1. A quick question is there a way to change a rotation order per joint on skeleton SOP Seems like the only one way to do it to create RigPose after it. But seems like that could be integrated into skeleton sop? Or maybe there is but not sure how to use it.

Edit: One extra note: using RigPose for reorienting joints it's a bit tricky. Whenever you change any names above in skeleton SOP it gets quite messy in your RigPose with keeping old names.

2. And the last question is there a way to hide joint in skeleton sop? Would be handy to have an option to temporarily hide join for example via rigTreeView. So will be cleaner in the viewport?

Cheers
Edited by hektor - Dec. 6, 2020 18:44:39

Attachments:
kinefx_skeleton_sop_RO.PNG (594.4 KB)

7734 posts
For 1, those values are not animatible and they become baked into matrices into the Skeleton SOP's output. So I don't think rotation order is too relevant? What's the reason for changing the rotation order there?

For 2, are you just want to temporarily hide it in the Skeleton SOP's viewport tool or do you mean persist beyond that? And when a joint is hidden, do both segments coming out of it get hidden too? One use case I can think of is that if you've got a character root, you might want to hide the bone segment from it to the hip joint (for example on a biped). For that, you could potentially use a Visibility SOP and hide that primitive.
54 posts
1. It's more of keeping it clear in one node. But you are right, I had a second thought about it and it doesn't really make sense to keep it the joint orientation in skeleton SOP.

2. It's exactly for such a situation which you mentioned with the hip. To hide the whole chain (only in the viewport) while working on another part. I guess now I could have separated skeleton SOPs for let's say hip+legs and spine. And then I can just merge them together and reparent?
7734 posts
Maybe the Visibility SOP works for a bit at the cost of more manual management? Attached example.

Attachments:
hideBone.hip (121.7 KB)

54 posts
Thanks Edward, yes after skeleton sop I can go and hide joints. But while I'm using Skeleton SOP I will still see all joints from it. I wanted to hide them while using skeleton sop. It's not a big of a deal I can go and have multiple skeleton SOPs and organize it this way.
7734 posts
That's a good point. You should log a feature request for this. Use the Support menu about on this website under Report a Bug/RFE.
  • Quick Links